Monday, October 16, 2006

#22 Netlibrary

So after playing around a bit on Netlibrary, I learned a few things. I've often referred patrons to that service, but I had never really tried it from a users standpoint. It's not as easy as I thought. I found the searching to be a little limited in scope. I think I'm just used to more broader terms to search for and am a bit spoiled by the usual Horizon searchable fields.

I also thought that Netlibrary had rather limited selection. I tried several different author searches and each one only gained a few hits. I was a little disappointed to discover that they only offer a handful of Janet Evanovich's titles. And again, only a handful of Jude Deveraux's (one of my fave romance authors) as well.

Overall I think in theory that it's a great service, but maybe one that's still developing the broad scope it should have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home